Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

SLK230 Kompressor: Need radio code 1999 SLK230 Kompressor.

Customer Question

Need radio code for a 1999 SLK230 Kompressor. VIN is WDBKK47FXXF117501.
Any help would be great
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** will look up your radio code first thing tomorrow morning and reply back here with the code.
Marty
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, sorry for the wait I was unable to access the database this morning. Your radio code is 54235.
Let me know if it works.
Marty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I posted the radio code earlier today. Your radio code is 54235.
Let me know if it works. If you are having trouble I can call you if you need me to. There is an additional fee for the phone support. LEt me know.
Marty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My radio code is 4 digits not 5 digit. this is a Mercedes stock radio
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, there is a 5 digit code on file in the Mercedes database. I show your car to be a blue SLK230 model year 99. I ran the vin number again and came up with the same code. Why do you say it is only a 4 digit code?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It ask for a code and shows 4 stars. I entered your code and it did 4 stars then started over again. tried last 4 and it still didn't work, now in a waiting period again.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
The radio uses a 5 digit code but only shows 4 stars or spaces when you turn it on. Try entering all of the numbers again then press the OK button when you are done. If the code does not work you will need to remove the radio and give me the serial number from the radio chassis and I can look up the code that way. The radio must display CODE before you can enter the code.
Let me know how you make out.
Marty
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. Did you get the radio working?
Please let me know.
Marty