Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Marty

Customer Question

Hi Marty
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, what can I help you with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Marty, I have a 2007 model mercedes, R320 and the glow plug light started coming on after starting. Later it would go off after a few minutes. But then the CEL started lighting up with an error code of P0673. I changed the #3 glow plug, and the same issue is happening. I checked all the glow plug resistances and they seem to be good, in the range of 0.5 - 0.8. There were nine pins on the glow plug connector going to the module and six of them showed these values. Rest were open. How can I check the glow plug module? The cam shaft sensor is also listed as one of the probable causes, is that true?Thanks
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, it sounds like you have a bad controller. If all glow plugs ohm out the same from the plug at the controller I'd substitute a known good controller. There is no reliable test for the controller for this fault code. Pins 1,2,3,4,7 and 8 are the glow plug pins in the connector at the controller.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found a GM glow plug module part# ***** which seems to be exactly like the one on the mercedes. Will this work?Thanks!
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
I think that is for an 8 cylinder. I'd go with the Mercedes part.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. Was my answer helpful?
Please let me know.
Marty