Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Mercedes S550: I need to open the armrest inside of it to get

Customer Question

I need to open the armrest inside of it to get access to plug in the Bluetooth connector
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Are you installing a phone kit ? Or just the base for the Bluetooth puck?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to get to the base conector
Ok , I will get you the instructions in the morning if that is ok. I ask if you are installing a phone kit because just installing the wiring inside the compartment will not let the phone work. FYI.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It will be the original and the only reason I'm found it because the last owner cut the wires of the base where you connect the puck
Ok ok coolness. Just don't want to lead you down the wrong path. I will upload the instructions in the morning if not sooner. Lou
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK

Sorry for the delay. I will have the info uploaded soon
here are two links,

ARMREST

ARMREST 2

let me know if this helps. Lou
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Even if I have a designo interior will this work because I don't see the rubbers neither the clip Please let me know Also I have a second compartment witch is a cooler under the first tray

and i have the emergency and service bottoms at the upper corner

See here is the deal , all the cars come with the kit installed. The only instructions I could find were for the add on phone kit. And that is it. I double checked all the work groups in the system and that was all I could find. Most times the false floor unscrews from under neath once you press the side button to lift up the whole lid. If that stuff I sent you does not match up or coincide with what you have then let me know and I will see what else I can dig up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You right it was already there but like I mention before the last owner cut off the wires of the unit and I can't get to the plugs to connect the new one
Please let me know if there is any other things you can fine
Thank you
Here try this link.
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w221-s-class/1717044-w221-center-console-removal.html#/forumsite/20548/topics/1717044
Let me know if this matches.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry but nothing seems to work the link you send me is for removal of the whole console but nothing on how to remove the first storage tray

will it help if i send you a picture of it?

also fyi the first storage i can open it from either side (driver or passenger) and the second storage is the same

pictures would help, and i know the link was for the whole assembly lol,. but in the pictures is shows how to remove the tray, im back at it looking in the mercedes instructions, we have never had to install or replace one of these so forgive me, i am not a expert on this exact question lol , but i will get you your fix
here is another version, read the instructions and the pictures and see the part where the arrows show holes to use to open the tray, see if that helps,

REMOVE CONSOLE

still trying to find the procedure for installing the connector, this is a tricky one, i am trying though!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The arrows point it to the holes to open the second tray but my has a second tray push buttons to open it and I don't need to use the holes
As soon as I get home I will send you a pictures of the whole thing and I hope this can help
Ok. Great. Sorry for you having to do that. Also make sure pictures are of all sides of the tray. From there it should be easy to figure out how to disassemble.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the dealer fix already and FYI there is another layer with a clips on the back and pull backwards to open it
Sorry you couldn't fix it but thanks for trying
Ok , this is one of those "have to be there " kinda repairs. Sorry I couldn't come through for you. Hopefully you know the lengths I go to for customers , hopefully you will request me in the future. Next time if I do not know and cannot find the answer I will opt out and not waste your time. If you could rate my service I would appreciate it. If you cannot I will understand. Take care. Lou