Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

600 SEL: Just purchased a 1992 600 SEL. ASR light came on

Customer Question

Just purchased a 1992 600 SEL. ASR light came on and it was terrible. I have no manual on this vehicle and have nowhere to go. I have to drive to the west coast this week, the purpose for the purchase, and really don't need to be stranded in the middle of the US
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** light will usually come on when there is a fault with the electronic throttle actuator. If the throttle was not responsive when the light was on I'd suspect a faulty throttle actuator. Turning the car off and on will often reset the ASR system and cure the problem but it may only be temporary. If this continues to happen you will need to have the ASR system checked more closely. More than likely this problem will be caused by a fault with one of the throttle actuators.Let me know if you have any questions.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. Was my answer helpful?
Please let me know.
Marty