Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Sl500: marty. I chance my battery on my 2000 sl500. Now

Customer Question

Hi marty. I chance my battery on my 2000 sl500. Now my radio and my a/c don't work. Can you help me please. The VIN # *****: wdbfa68f9yf193632
Thanks and have a good day.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Can you describe a little more about how the radio and ac do not work ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I change the battery. The radio ask for some code or password ***** the climate control works but not the a/c. Thanks.
ok, if you give me your vin i can get you the radio code, do not push any buttons until i get you the code or you will lock the radio out, and on the ac see if the EC button is red, if it is push it and see if it goes off, EC means economy and will not let the compressor work, so try that, also just to make sure, it does blow air through the vents yes?? just not cold air?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hére is the vin #. wdbfa68f9yf193632
And it blows air but not cold. Thanks
Ok , is the EC light on ? It's a little red light on the button that says EC
56143 is the radio code. Enter it and press the SC button if you have one. Or the > search forward button.