FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE DIESEL/AUTOMOTIVE
1627031

Kompressor c230: My catalytic converter is clogged. I want

Customer Question

My catalytic converter is clogged. I want to get a magna flow one for my car. I dont want the constant check engine light what are my options ?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you.The only way to guarantee that you will not get a constant check engine light on any car is by using an OE converter. With that being said, on a 2000 you might be fine. The older models such as yours have parameters that are not quite as stringent. Please let me know if you need more help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So in your professional opinion what is the best catalytic converter I can get for my car ? Also what is the best method of replacing it? My car is saying saying catalyst below threshold bank 1 and small evap leak and large evap leak what are those ?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.
The evap leaks are a different problem. Those may be the result of a leaking solenoid, a bad hose, or more commonly a bad gas cap. As for the catalyst code this is usually the converter. If you are not simply going for performance then I would go with an OE replacement on it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I paid 1500 for the car the catalytic converter is 1100 its a 2000 I cant see paying half the price of the car. Will a magna flow after market converter work also does the c230 have two converters ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Local Mechanic Recommendations + Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.