Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

C320 sport: My 2001 C320 Sport Mercedes Benz today while driving

Customer Question

My 2001 C320 Sport Mercedes Benz today while driving the dashboard light went off the gas gauge stopped working and the windows lost power . And no headlights..Also there was a loud sound like a fan coming from the hood.. Once I stopped for about 15 mins left the car and then restart the car the dashboard lit up , headlights were working and the windows had power but now a Check Engine light was on and remained on the dashboard and the loud fan like sound from the engine had stopped.. Please help and let me know what could be issue???
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** problem is caused by either low battery voltage or a fault with the electronic ignition switch or with the front signal acquisition module (SAM). You will need to get the car connected to a Mercedes diagnostic tester to read out the fault codes in the engine control module and the front SAM. The fault codes will point to the problem. Based on your description I suspect that either the front SAM or the ignition switch is malfunctioning.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Marty
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. Was my answer helpful?
Please let me know.
Marty