Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

560 SL: I have a 1987 Mercedez Benz 560 SL and the soft top

Customer Question

I have a 1987 Mercedez Benz 560 SL and the soft top went down perfectly fine and the compartment latched and closed. Now we want to pull the soft top up and we cannot get the back compartment to unlatch. I can tell it unlatches on fine on the drivers side the it will not unlatch on the passenger side. What can we do to get it to unlatch on the other side in order to get the soft top out?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, sometimes if you push down on the passenger side of the cover while unlocking the cover you can get the passenger side to release. If you have no success you will need to go in through the trunk hinge and try to hook the cable and pull back on it to release the lock. Copy and paste the link below for the instructions.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/nrdlqkch1cfh5bm/77-340.pdf
Let me know how you make out.
Marty