Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

1999 sl500 fuse 13 blows instanatly. chartsays its cagar

Customer Question

1999 sl500 fuse 13 blows instanatly. chartsays its cagar lighter. removedlighter andfuse still blows. What else is it connected to?
another feature is that seat controlmotorsonlyrun withdoors open cold this be elated to thefuse blowing?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, fuse 13 also powers the rain sensor and the SRS light in the instrument cluster and the heated seats. It also powers the seat relay when the door is closed. That's why your seats only work with the door open. The fuse powers various other circuits via the X30 connector in the driver's footwell. If you did not disconnect the lighter you should do that. Also check for a coin stuck in the bottom of the lighter socket. It is not clear whether you removed the lighter and the socket or just the burner. If the lighter isn't the problem you will need to start disconnecting the other items until the fuse doesn't blow.
Let me know if you need further assistance.
Marty
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. Was my answer helpful?