Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Marty, I have a GL450 and the center console display just stopped

Customer Question

Marty, I have a GL450 and the center console display just stopped working. Everything else works, clocks rear entertainment, the eject button for the display to open, the lights on the buttons etc. But when you hit the power button or start the car nothing happens. I almost wonder if I somehow triggered a security feature because I was goofing with my kids locking them out of the car.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** there is no security lock out for the display. If the display is dark you can try rebooting the display by removing fuse 25 in the rear fuse box for an hour then reinsert the fuse and see if the display wakes up. If you have no success you will need to get the car to the Mercedes dealer to check for fault codes in the system and have the software reloaded for the COMAND unit. In some cases the reload will not help and the COMAND unit will need to be replaced.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty

graphic
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. Was my answer helpful?