Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Battery will drain over night woundering what might be staying on too

Customer Question

battery will drain over night woundering what might be staying on too run it down also fuel pump has been jumped around line to work I have just bought
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** in the car that is powered when the key is off can drain the battery. A parasitic drain test needs to be performed in order to locate the drain. A simple test that you can perform is to remove fuse #1, 2, 3 and 15 overnight and see if the battery still drains. Those are the fuses that are powered even with the key off. If the battery doesn't drain you will need to reinstall one fuse at a time and repeat the test until you narrow it down. Once you have located the fuse that is draining the battery you can isolate the items on that fuse circuit to pinpoint the problem. Common drains are the power antenna and the central locking pump and the alternator.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Marty
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. Was my answer helpful?