Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

2002 CL500 trunk will not open with remote, blade key,

Customer Question

Hi, 2002 CL500 trunk will not open with remote, blade key, nor with the door switch. Cannot get trunk open. Any ideas?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Are you still needing assistance ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes.

ok, have you tried to insert the mechanical key into the lock, turn it to the left, and while its turned, at the same time press the button in or use the handle( cant rememeber which it has forgive me) and the trunck will manually open, is this what you tried?
sent a offer just in case you wanted to try and resolve this faster.
your PSE pump may have failed or you have a issue with the rear latch, try removing fuse 62 and reinstalling, see if the trunk then works, here is a picture of the fuse box.

graphic
if you remove the fuse and the fuse is not blown and you put it back in and the trunk then works, you either have a failed PSE pump, or the rear latch is bad, let me know if this helps or not and we can try some other things. Lou. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Fuse box diagram doest match. Not sure. I've been told by a high end aftermarket Benz repair that they think the latch stopped working. Doesn't make sense that the red light would.stop working and the trunk remote button when depressed doesn't make anybody sound. They felt it was mechanical. But then why would the driver door switch stop lighting up.

If your car is a CL then the fuse box is under the back seat like my diagram. If this is not matching up then I will have to opt out and see if another expert can help.
I have opted myself out. Another expert will be along to help you.