MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

380SL: I recently inherited a 1985 380sl, and am having some

Customer Question

I recently inherited a 1985 380sl, and am having some electrical problems. The lights in the instrument cluster do not turn on, and the clock as well as the odometer do not function. However, all other meters function well. Some of the lights below the cluster do not function, such as the high beam indicator. With the turn signal controls, there are some problems as well. The side turn indicators do not function, but the front turn indicators do. When the hazards are triggered, all exterior lights work except for the side flashers. When the car is started, most of the time the window washers will trigger and not turn off, and spray and wipe non stop. I actually needed to pull out the second fuse to stop this from happening. None of the interior lights work, including the trunk light. There is also an electrical buzzing sound when using the turn signals or headlights. High beams work when pushed back into place, but I can not flash them by pulling the signal control forward. All help is appreciated, thank you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** have a lot going on there. I can help you fix all of this but I will need to talk to you on the phone. There is too much diagnosing to do to try and do this in this format. There is an additional service fee for phone support. I've sent over the service agreement if you chose to accept it. If you do you will need to reply back with your phone number in the private message section of your reply box.