Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

S550 4 matic: im getting a key not detected I changed the battery

Customer Question

im getting a key not detected I changed the battery but u can start the car but wont work on the doors I heard I have the valet key that's the only key I have
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. The remote may have failed. You can actually pull the plastic push start button out of the ignition and use the key to start it with no problem. That way you can drive it to the dealer to have the key checked out. Most certain the key is bad since you have replaced the battery. But again you can pull the push start button out of the ignition , it is nothing more than a plastic button. Then you can insert the key and start the car. The remote does not need batteries to start the car inside the ignition only to start with the push button. Hope this information helps let Me know if you have any issues. I am here to help. Lou. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉