Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Three separate questions: 1) I had the rear window of my

Customer Question

Three separate questions: 1) I had the rear window of my 2006 S500 4 matic replaced per the insurance company's person, however the antennae mount apparently wasn't secured properly because when I went through the car wash, the mount ripped upwards pulling
along with it the wiring in the right sided trim all the way down to the lower right side. When the trim at that point lifted up, the point of it re-cracked the glass. It has since been replaced again 3 days ago. I'm wondering if the antennae mount in the
center at the top looks - is secure. I'm not sure how it lasted 10 years going through the car wash, but it. What was - is the proper way to secure it to the car so it doesn't come off again???? 2) The standard radio that came in my car starts up with the
balance of the speakers favoring the extreme right rear speakers of the car or the extreme left rear speakers. I have to then manually bring it back to favor the front seat. And, sometimes it will also turn itself off automatically within a few seconds of
initially turning it on. 3) The air conditioning feature of the driver's seat has stopped working. Is there a typical cause? Are there any simple things I can check prior to seeing the dealer?
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've tried to upload a picture of the antenna now but I'm not sure if it went. It is called rear window.jpg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Revising the questions: 1) What was - is the proper way to secure it to the car so it doesn't come off again. 2) The standard radio that came in my car starts up with the balance of the speakers favoring the extreme right rear speakers of the car or the extreme left rear speakers. I have to then manually bring it back to favor the front seat. And, sometimes it will also turn itself off automatically within a few seconds of initially turning it on. 3) The air conditioning feature of the driver's seat has stopped working. Is there a typical cause? Are there any simple things I can check prior to seeing the dealer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went through the car wash w/o any problem, like I have done repeatedly for 10 years ( I don't wash it by hand)
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
So sorry no one has responded. This issue may seem to hard for some to assist with. I can help if you still need assistance. Let me k or if you wish to proceed. Lou
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure if this is related but today a message appeared saying my SOS system is not working... All electrical system issues???
Ok for the antenna , it is adhesive that holds it down. It must have not been properly cleaned and prepped and that's why it came off.
As for the radio , that is a weird problem. Sounds like the software is glitching. Do you have a phone connected via Bluetooth ? If you do try to have the phone off when you enter the car , see if that changes it. I have had phones cause issues in the whole radio system. If that does not work it will need the software checked by the dealer to see if there is an updated version.
As for the cooled seats , do you hear ANY fans running ? Here is a test , put a few tissues on the seat. Turn the car on and turn the seat coolers on. See if any of the tissues blow up.
Let me know what you find and we can continue. We will have to do this tomorrow if that is ok as we are having bad weather in Illinois and the power had been going on and off all day. Hope that is ok. Lou
Just got your sos message. That just means your subscription has run out. No worry there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, tomorrow is fine; I'll do the seat test; the Sos system I had only for the first year, not since then. Thanks for responding.
Ok , for the sos. If the message is a warning it will say sos malfunction. If it is a subscription issue it will say sos not available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Malfunction
Ok. Yes. Pretty cut and dry for that one lol. BUT may be easily take care of. We will attack that also tomorrow. Have a good night. Lou
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
U 2
today has been crazy after the rain, i am trying to play catch up. so when you respond give me time to respond back, i always will, Lou