Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

600 SL: 1994 600SL limp home mode comes on but after disconnecting

Customer Question

1994 600SL limp home mode comes on but after disconnecting battery for over an hour it sometimes clears up..
Any suggestions
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. So sorry for the delay. It seems you may have not gotten a response do to the difficulty of your issue. I have experience in the asr warning lights and believe I can help. Let me k ow if you still need assistance and how you wish to proceed. Lou
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. I am still having problems. Here is another hint. The other night when I started the ASR light came on. I moved steering wheel to left and right full stop still stayed on - turned off car and turned on still on do I pulled out of garage and let run for few minutes then stopped light always on. 2) then I restarted in P of course but this time I shifts to R only and light did not come onthen back to P then I shifted to L - still did not come on so I took out for a*****and turned off car after two miles and restarted light did not come on.. It is back in my garage now(###) ###-####
Ok , I cannot call the number unless we upgrade to a live chat. Have you had the car to a shop to check for codes at least ?
The asr light had to do with the traction system. Most times it is a failed throttle body on either side of the engine , but there could be a hundred different possibilities. A code would narrow that down significantly and allow me to provide you with the best answer or route to take. Are you against getting the codes checked at a shop ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I must go out of town today for a week business trip, when I get back I will get car into a shop to have codes pulled. Do you only recommend taking to a MB dealer
I do only because the scanner is more thorough. The aftermarket scanners do not see all the modules in the car and all the values that the Mercedes scanner does so it would be a waste of time and money to take it to a Independant shop.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will that when I return Saturday
Ok I will receive emails when you reply so I will always get back to you. Make sure you ask for a printout of all the codes in all the modules. , and ask them to erase all the codes and do a quick road test to see if the asr light comes back on and what codes return. Hell , they may even be able to tell you the issue based on the code. If not let me know and I'll do my best to help. But if it's at the dealer already it comes down to what you want to do , have them diagnose it and you fix it ? Or have them diagnose it and fix it so you can get back to enjoying the car. Lou