FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE DIESEL/AUTOMOTIVE
1627031

My 2007 s550 is leaning to the left (drivers side). It has

Customer Question

My 2007 s550 is leaning to the left (drivers side). It has 146k miles on it and the airmatic compressor was replaced at about 100k. I don't hear air leaking out of any individual strut and I don't have a star diagnostic tool. From what I have read so far it appears to be the valve body. Any thoughts?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. Can you tell me if there are any warning lights illuminate on the dash? Does it stay like this all of the time or only after sitting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes - the Airmatic warning light does go on after a few minutes of driving and it stays illuminated. I used to own a 200 S500 so I am a little familiar with these cars. In other words it has not completely collapsed in any wheel well so it doesnt look like one strut has completely failed. Unlike the S500, this still appears to be driveable. The car has been sitting all day in the garage so now the lean is noticeable to one side
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2000 S500
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Does it appear that the entire side is low or would it be more confined to one corner making the entire side look low?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To me the entire side looks low with the front looking slightly lower than rear probably due to engine weight
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. The reason I ask is because it is very common for the air bladder on one of the springs to fail. This is more common to have a solenoid or valve block fail. The best thing to do would be to scan the system for codes to see what comes up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok - I dont have a Star diagnostic tool. If air was leaking out of the front strut would it impact the rear strut meaning shouldn't the rear strut still rise to the proper level?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
It should still get close in the rear, but typically the entire side of the car will look low if one of them go bad.