Stan
Stan, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Technical support engineer
16766657

S550: I have a s550 that idle to 2 rpm when I put it in drive

Customer Question

I have a s550 that idle to 2 rpm when I put it in drive and after I drive for a while and put in park it goes down. But then if I try to put back in drive when motor is hot the car shut down. It crank back up but does the same thing until motor cool down hours later. I think I have broke transmission mount and I check code once before and it said intake runner control door stuck open. Can u help me figure this out
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Stan replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** i would like to answer your question.
Such symptoms indicate faulty throttle valve. It is possible to clean it and then re-adapt it's 0-position with a diagnostic computer to make it work again.
If this does not help, and there will be fault codes present for the throttle valve, then the throttle valve will need to be replaced.
Best Regards,
Stan