Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Clk 320: 2001 clk 320. where do you add fluid power

Customer Question

2001 clk 320. where do you add fluid for the power top? Is it brake fluid or tranny fluid or something else. Give procedure. John
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi John, the pump and fluid reservoir is behind the front wall of the trunk. You will need to remove the front wall to access the hydraulic pump to fill the system. Do not use brake fluid or tranny fluid for the pump. Only use Mercedes hydraulic fluid part number 000 989 91 03 10. Copy and paste the link below for a good write up on checking the fluid and removing the trunk panel along with the replacement of some common cylinders that leak.
http://www.tophydraulicsinc.com/W208%20Case%20Cover%20Lock%20and%20Rear%20Bow%20Lock%20Replacement.pdf
Let me know if you have any questions.
Marty
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. Was my answer helpful? Please let me know.
Marty