Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

S500 coupe: , Marty, My name is ***** ***** a 1995 W140 s500

Customer Question

Hi, Marty,
My name is ***** ***** a 1995 W140 s500 Coupe. A/C Blower is not coming on, I can here the compressor kicks in and , Aux Fan turn on and off. any suggestions?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mike, most likely you have a bad blower motor or a bad blower regulator. The motor and regulator are mounted under the hood at the right rear of the engine compartment. You will need to access the blower motor to test for power to the blower motor to see if it is faulty. The regulator and the motor fail regularly on this model. Rarely will anything else be the cause of no blower operation. I can send all of the instructions for replacing the blower motor or regulator to your email address if this is something you think you can repair yourself. There is a small additional fee for the workshop instructions. I'll send over the additional service agreement if you would like the instructions.

Marty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I understand it might be blower motor, or the Regulator.

I was expecting that your answer would specify how to test for the motor and how to test the Blower Regulator? or which on board sensors for the A/C test tells me that we have a defective part?

If you can help me with that, then I know which part to order and use you Extra help to replace it.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mike, I can help you with the testing. Are you able to remove the water collector to access the motor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Will be Working on it very carefully. I will let you know when it is done.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Click here for a good article on the replacement.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mik, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. Was my answer helpful? Please let me know.

Marty