Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Sl500: having issues with my central locking system on an 2005

Customer Question

having issues with my central locking system on an 2005 sl 500. Just had main battery replaced. New battery died after sitting for a few days, then locking issues started.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** the battery in the trunk died after sitting a few days there must be a parasitic drain on the system. If the battery died and the central locking is no longer working it is possible that the PSE module for the locks has shorted out. The module sits in the bottom left side of the trunk. Sometimes water will enter the trunk and short out the module. I'd have the module inspected for signs of water intrusion. The PSE module could simply fail without water intrusion and cause the problem. You should also check the fuse for the PSE module. Fuse 71 in the rear fuse box is for the PSE module.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Marty
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. Was my answer helpful? Please let me know.
Marty