Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Mercedes-Benz SLK 320 Sport: 2001 Mercedes SLK 320 Sport leaking

Customer Question

2001 Mercedes SLK 320 Sport leaking water into passenger side of car. I think I need to locate and clean any clogged drains associated with this kind of problem. Does this seem reasonable? How to access this drain(s) to accomplish this cleaning is my question if this seems the way to proceed.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If you have had your windshield replaced recently this is a common area for the water to leak into the vehicle.I have seen where the windshield isn't sealed properly to the body and causes this leak here.If you have been using the ac recently one of the more common causes is the ac drain being plugged up.The drain is usually located under the vehicle above the transmission exiting the body with a rubber grommet attached to it.See if you can locate the drain and use a wire or similar to push through the drain to free up and remove debris.
If this leak only occurs when it rains I would have the windshield seal checked to see if it is the cause here needing re sealed or the windshield replaced.
If both of these are o.k. let me know.
Thanks Pete