Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

S 500: dash lights inop in 1998 Mercedes s 500 and I believe

Customer Question

dash lights inop in 1998 Mercedes s 500 and I believe it is a warranty issue, however, not just IP and ashtray light went out as well. Checked both fuse panels and inst light fuses good
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** dash lights and ashtray get power from circuit K from the headlight switch. If you have no power to the ashtray light with the headlights on I'd say you have a bad headlight switch. Copy and paste the link below for a schematic of the circuit. S1 is the headlight switch. R2e1 is the ashtray light and terminal 13 at A1 is the feed to the instrument panel rheostat.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/wbaejsavscit3i5/schematic.PNG
Let me know if you need anything else. Please be sure to rate my service in order for the website to credit me for my help.
Marty