Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Clk430: my name is ***** ***** have a 2000 clk 430 soft top that

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** have a 2000 clk 430 soft top that I am having problem with my windows going down ,it seems that the only time I can get hem to go down is when I reset my battery cable ends and also have problem with the top going down but this is due to a bad motor on the hydraulic pump system ,could you advise me where I can get the motor only it is a 12 volts dc drive motor thanks in advanced
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi John, sorry for the long wait on this question. This is a difficult problem to diagnose over the internet. Your window problem is caused by a fault in the CAN-B interior network. When a fault occurs in the network communication it can cause numerous items to stop functioning. Diagnosis it done with the Mercedes Star tester or by isolating the individual items on the network until the fault no longer occurs. The network cables all meet at the X30/7 connector in the passenger side door sill area. There will be a long connector with 8 or 9 brown and brown/red wires connected. You would disconnect one connector at a time until the windows started working. Once you have disconnected that connector that is causing the problem everything except the disconnected item on the network will function.
In regards ***** ***** hydraulic pump motor I usually locate used pumps on ebay or in the salvage yards. I have not found a suitable replacement motor. Top Hydraulics can rebuild your pump for $600. Copy and paste the link below.
http://www.tophydraulicsinc.com/en/23-w208-clk
Let me know if you have any questions.
Marty
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. Was my answer helpful? Please let me know.
Marty