Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

My headlights went out the other day. High beams only

Customer Question

Hi...My headlights went out the other day. High beams only work when I hold switch/knob in car towards me. I checked fuses and bulbs..all fine
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
It's sounds like the switch assembly has failed. Do the high beams come on when you push the lever forward ? What about the turn signals and marker lights ? Do those all work fine ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi...High beam beams only come on when I pull towards me and hold. Lights do not stay on when I push...Turn signals work on dash.
Ok thanks , most likely the switch assembly is bad. The assembly is pretty much everything behind the steering wheel , wipers , lights , hazard , and cruise switch are all part of one unit. If all fuses in the engine bay are ok then this is most likely the fault. Hope this information helps Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lou...what is the proper name...is it referring to the actual switch/knob in the car that I turn when turning on lights?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is it located?
Not sure if you misunderstood what I was saying , it's called the multifunction switch , and it is one big piece that had all the levers attached. The turn signals / headlights / wipers / cruise control / hazard switch. It's one big piece. So it's pretty much everything behind the steering wheel.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I missed location part earlier...google switch assembly part..will look closer...thx
http://www.mediafire.com/view/odcr11fcep9yvwr
There's a link Hope this information helps if You need ANYTHING else I am here to help. I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.
I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will absolutely continue to help if you need follow up information, all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may receive my credit for assisting you, i appreciate it, Thank you , Lou.