Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

W203 c 320 petrol: Have a 2005 W203 C320 Merc Auto -petrol When

Customer Question

Have a 2005 W203 C320 Merc Auto -petrol
When cold (45/60f ) first thing in morning it dies and throttle response is from zero to none - after a couple of minutes it clears
then on highway and all day once hot it is 100% OK no hesitation -perfect performance - has happened for 3 /4 days since vehicle was last serviced by Merc agent and I complained re. bad cold running ??
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. What service had they done ? It sounds very much like a vacuum leak do you have a check engine light on ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would this go away when hot ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes there is a check engine light
Absolutely , a cold engine needs more fuel than air and a warm engine needs the opposite so a air leak would cause your condition. That's why I suggested it lol. Good a check engine light would help. Also what service was performed before this Happened ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Routine 170,000km
That is very vague ...... Well something is definitely unhooked. The codes would tell them some good information about what is happening. I'm assuming the check engine light came on AFTER they performed the service ?
Ok well from what you are describing tells me that there is a vacuum leak something may have been knocked loose from the service. Getting the codes read from the check engine light would probably just confirm what I think but it will
Not tell us WHERE the leak is at. The common air leaks are in the back of the engine there is a tube that comes off of the elbow under the mass airflow sensor , the at filter housing could not be on right , there's a vacuum line that comes from the left front fender (as if you were sitting in the car looking forward ) that goes to the engine that could be broken. I would bring it back and have them check it. If it was fine before the routine service and then this happened then it is something they had done. Make sure you do it soon or it may cause more issues for you. Hope this information helps if you need more info PLEASE let me know I am here to help you. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉