sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My 2012 CLS550 will not start. The Anti-theft protection activated,

Customer Question

My 2012 CLS550 will not start. The Anti-theft protection activated, Please visit your Mercedes-Benz workshop, message is displaying on the command screen. I am getting a lot of error and malfunction messages on my cluster also.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was trying to install the Lomo M1 lowering module and a screwdriver touched one of the pins inside the airmatic control box. Im pretty sure I blew a fuse but do not know which one and why the car will not start after.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
If you're seeing multiple warning lights or messages then it's most likely because of a communication problem between modules or a loss of power or ground to multiple components. If you created a short in a module then most likely either a fuse blew or that module was damaged and is now taking down communication.
The first things I would recommend are checking fuses and unplugging this module to see if the problem goes away. If unplugging the module allows it to start and warning messages go off then the module will need to be replaced.