Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

ML350: I just bought used ML 350

Customer Question

Hi
I just bought used ML 350
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less.the trunk latch is very prone to failure. Mercedes decided to make all the internals plastic and it had been very problematic since the production of that style ML. There will be nothing you can do to get it to latch. You will need to have it replaced. If you are handy and good with cars it is really easy to replace all you have to do is remove the trim panel at the rear door and the latch simply unbolts with the 3 torx screws. But there is nothing you can do to get it to shut as the internals have broken and will not catch and it is a sealed unit so there is no way to access any levers and such. Sorry it's not better news. Hope this information helps , if there is anymore info I can provide please let me know. I am here to help!! Lou. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
also if you provide me with your vin i can upload instructions and the part number if you plan on doing it yourself. Lou
I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will absolutely continue to help if you need follow up information, all i ask is that
you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may receive my credit for assisting you, i appreciate it, Thank you , Lou.