MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I have a problem with my 1986 560sl. After I replace the

Customer Question

I have a problem with my 1986 560sl. After I replace the Timing chain and guides it ie will crank but not start. If I put fuel into the fuel dish air intake it starts immediately and run for a few seconds. After several test I replaced the fuel pumps,filter and now I have a flow rate of 1 liter in 30 seconds going to the fuel pressure regulator, but no fuel out of the regulator to the distributor. I conntced a inline guage between the pumps and the regulator and I have excess do 90psi into it.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** sounds like you have the fuel lines reversed at the valve cover. Fuel from the tank goes directly into the fitting on the fuel distributor and returns back to the tank from the regulator. Try reversing the two lines at the valve cover and see if it fires.

Let me know how you make out.

Marty