Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Sl 500: I just purchased a 2004 SL 500 the sunroof goes down

Customer Question

I just purchased a 2004 SL 500 the sunroof goes down but not up, codes B1265-001, B1265-0017
and the satellite radio would not work even with a hard reset code D242
On the command the radio works but when I put the navigation cd in it wont read the cd or any other Cd The navigation CD is an original . It takes the cd but wont read
I am trying to get a rough estimate on what I would expect to pay for these repairs and suggestions
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
There are some limit switch faults and in some cases the rear trunk interior flaps that fold out with the top their housings can fail and cause the top issue.The repair costs for these can vary running from around $200 for a switch/sensor replacement to near $700 for the gear housing replacements.
As for the nav this sounds like the command unit itself is at fault.In this case it would need replaced and this can cost around $2500 in some cases.
Thanks Pete