Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I had a misfire on a cylinder 8 so I changed all my spark plugs

Customer Question

I had a misfire on a cylinder 8 so I changed all my spark plugs I notice an order from the car what can it possible be car also shaking 2003 e 500
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What type of price should I look forward to paying
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. Most often the issue with misfiring is the coil. Have you tried to changes the coil from the cylinder that is misfiring to the cylinder that is not misfiring and see if the code changes ?
The ignition coil is the most likely to have failed. Swap the number 8 coil with number 4 and retest. The coils can be bought on eBay for about 50$ along with the wires. Do not mix up the ignition wires they have markings on them that match the valve cover to indicate where they should go. Let me know if you need mote help. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.