Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness
7183013

500SL: I believe I have encountered this problem before ...We

Customer Question

I believe I have encountered this problem before ...We disconnected the battery over winter while in storage. Now when I try to get the hardtop to UNLOCK/RAISE, I don't get a response. As I recall I had to "reprogram" the car computer to do this feature. Do you have the "simple" procedure to accomplish this?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Ted G. replied 2 years ago.
Run each power window all the way down, then all the way up. Hold the button in the up position for about 10 seconds after it reaches the top. If you are in a quiet area you should hear a click from the rear of the car as you hold the button UP. After they are all set the top should release.