MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

Lou, good afternoon. Well as the story goes Lou, I replaced

Customer Question

Lou, good afternoon. Well as the story goes Lou, I replaced the conductor plate and the vehicle is still performing the same as prior to replacing the Conductor Plate. Any advice on where to start now. I am about to take the part "conductor plate" back
off, but first I wanted to speak with you first.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
The trans module has to have any codes erased and the trans will need to have the adaptation erased. The trans module will learn the way a customer drives and it will change the shifting characteristics according to the drive style. Also if a fault is present it will stop adapting and lock into that mode. So a scanner that can perform this function will need to be used. I realize we have talked a few times regarding your ML. I would like help you figure this out. I remember you said hey your wife usually drives the car. Have you ever felt the shifting issues and can you redescribe the issue ? All details would be great too. I would hate for you to waste money and time on my part as it is hard to diagnose over the computer without a scan tool but I can do my best. The rest of today I will be at a family function. So tomorrow morning I can revisit you and this issue. Feel free to reply with as much of the info as you can. Lou
Checking back. I have not heard from you. I would still like to help. Let me know if you still need me. Lou