Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

CLK 320: I have a 04 clk 320 and we wasted soda on the dash

Customer Question

I have a 04 clk 320 and we wasted soda on the dash area now the radio has no sound and it stays on you have to manually turn it off, I brought a replacement radio from a dismantling company but after 3 radios they all played for 30 seconds then it shuts off with a PROD sign on the screen, the dealer didnt know the code meaning or the Mercedes dismantling. Can you help, the third radio played again for 30 seconds then shut off, the CD and radio plays but it won't stay on, after installation it doesn't call for a code code either.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, you cannot swap a used radio into the CLK without reprogramming the radio to your vehicle. You will need to take the car to a Mercedes specialist and have the radio reprogrammed to your vehicle. You may also be able to ship the radio to Becker Autosound to have the radio reprogrammed. Copy and paste the link below for their contact info.
http://beckerautosound.com/home/2865209
Let me know if you have any questions.
Marty