Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a 2000 Mercedes S500 with 64K miles; is winter stored

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Mercedes S500 with 64K miles; is winter stored from November to May with a float charger. This spring upon removing the car from storage and starting it up, I noticed an alarming leakage of transmission fluid. While I have heard of this phenomenon of leakage after storage, I am concerned about the amount that leaked. Others have said that this is frequently "self-correcting" upon driving the vehicle, but how will I know when the level has reached dangerously low levels & when do I add more MB transmission fluid?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you , i strive for EXCELLENT service and nothing less. If you have fluid on the ground then the fluid level needs checked. The transmission you have is very temperamental to correct fluid level. Don't listen to the forum posters. The trans should never leak no matter how long it sits. I will attach a picture of the most common parts failure. It's a small "bushing" that seals the transmission electrical connector to the transmission. Unless you don't like money I would go have the fluid level checked. It needs to be at 80 degrees Celsius and checked with the proper dipstick. Here is the link
http://www.mediafire.com/view/deqy18exgkarjk2
And here is one on checking the fluid level.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/9g9azyrkbsmhyru
Hope this helps. Lou. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
Good morning , I noticed you had read my reply. Did you have any follow up questions ? If so I am here to help. If I have answered your question Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
If I was helpful please take a second to rate my service and let me know if there is anything I can help with. I am truly here to help. Lou. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉