Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

450GL: changed battery in Y remote and now remote lock/unlock

Customer Question

changed battery in Y remote and now remote lock/unlock and keyless entry not working. When key is place into the ignition key turns and vehicle starts.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Double check and make sure the batteries were installed correctly into the remote.If one is not installed correctly this will cause this here.Check the contacts in the remote and make sure it is making good contact with the battery in the remote.
If this is all o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.
Thanks Pete