Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Clk 320: I have a 2003 clk 320 convertible and the top won't

Customer Question

I have a 2003 clk 320 convertible and the top won't go down. I checked the fuses, emptied the trunk but the light in the switch continues to blink rapidly (indicating a problem with the trunk and or luggage compartment cover switch.) Does anyone have a suggestion?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. What usually fails and causes this type of fault here is one of the micro switches that sends data to the roof computer telling it what position the roof is in.When this occurs the top will either stop at a certain point when operating or may not operate at all.Unfortunately what has to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked in the roof computer using a scan tool that can communicate with it to see what codes are set as well as this scan tool used to monitor the signals of each micro switch to see which one has failed needing replaced. Thanks Pete