Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I got a 2006 mercedes benz 500 that leans on one side and

Customer Question

I got a 2006 Mercedes Benz R-500 that leans on one side and just replaced the rear air springs. However, the car is still leaning on passenger's side like 3" to 4" higher on the driver's side (both front and rear wheel wells lean). And it doesn't have front air springs. I've heard all kinds of forums. Change this, change that....!!

So I bought a conversion kit with coil springs & struts for the back air springs. How do I bypass the system so it doesn't send a message to the computer to tilt the car to one side? And what do I do for the front, since it doesn't have air springs??

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
hello, well i can tell you how to level the rear, which in turn will level the front, did you want to try this first since you have a new air spring?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry you said you need to ask me a question, before you answer my question? And what additional information do you need on the vehicle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay?

sorry i was in transit to work
your statement kinda confuses me, do you have more than one question open?
im referring to the r class with the air suspension , i know why the rear will not level, but i do not want to waste time telling you if you had already purchased the replacement suspension kit, so if you let me know how you want to proceed i will absolutely do my best to assist you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How to I level the car? And please don't tell me is in the dashboard... I have to reset the self leveling to factory settings, because that doesn't work at all. That's why I was asking to bypass system somehow, like cutting a wire, or taking a fuse out somewhere, or removing sensors, that will disactivate self leveling mechanism. That's why I was trying to purchase a conversion kit so it won't tilt. But I haven't bought the suspension kit yet.

oh nono, heres how the rear works
the rear is VERY basic
both sensors have to equal 5 volts to be level, so say the left is high at 3.75 volts and the right is low at 1.25 volts the module will think the rear is level,
so to level the rear you jack up the car and put the actual lower control arms on the jack stands or if you have ramps put the rear tires on the ramps, i dont want to read about you getting crushed under the car, undue the links to the sensors, and lower the sensor arms, it will think the rear is high so it will bleed all the air out of the rear airbags to lower them, once both air bags are about level and or out of air, shut the car off and reconnect the links and the rear will raise to correct level. works everytime. also make sure the links move freely on the sensor arms as they usually rust and bind, that will cause issues leveling also. let me know if you need more help, i will also send a offer for a phone chat in case it is easier to talk over the phone. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉
i will receive emails when you reply so give me some time to get to the computer to respond, i will ALWAYS respond. Lou
any luck?