Anthony
Anthony, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  MB Tech. since 1997. ASE Master. MB Factory Technician. MB Antique Specialist.
15218643

Steering lock Control unit (204 900 59 12) R+R procedure

Customer Question

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
You have to remove the steering column partly just enough to drop it. Here's a picture of what the part look like when apart. Copy and paste the link below and let me know if you need more info.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/s2quvoz585038d8/1.PNG
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
While waiting for response noticed my Junior tech found the procedure in the WIS and he then was pulling the instrument cluster out....I stopped him to confirm the procedure......Can you tell me the process of dropping the column? based on picture you can leave the cluster intact and after the part is replaced do you go to DAS and program the EIS or Steering Column with orange key....I am questioning this since in the morning you may not be available and I can ( the tech really) compare your instruction with WIS( Germanish) and make sense out of it.....
If you have first hand experience, please tell me the do'es and don't s....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please reply to above response....The steering is dropped but lock is not coming out...Note the Key fob turns in EIS but no start....