Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

CL500 V8: The problem I am having is that when you start the

Customer Question

The problem I am having is that when you start the car in the morning it starts well but after a while it goes off and very difficult to start again until it is left for a while to cool down then it can start again....This is a problem I cannot use the car because if for any reason it goes off I have to wait for like 2 hours before I can start it again
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, the most common problem for this symptom would be a faulty crankshaft position sensor. When the sensor malfunctions it overheats and stops sending a signal to the computer. After the car cools down the sensor will start working again and the car starts. A test for ignition spark should be done when the car will not start. If there is no spark I would replace the crankshaft sensor.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty