Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Billy how can I add and to 2008 e320 bluetec I changed the

Customer Question

Billy how can I add and to 2008 e320 bluetec I changed the radiator and the clip for the and cooler was not in all the way and the line came loose and spilled quite a bit and now my tranny is not wanting to move the car as ussual
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi, on the Mercedes 722.9 transmission the fluid is pumped into the transmission through the plug in the bottom of the transmission pan. You have to remove the plug and pump the fluid into the transmission until it begins to spill out. Start the car and allow the excess fluid to spill out until the transmission fluid temperature reaches 113 degrees. When the fluid begins to dribble out of the pan reinstall the plug. A special filler is needed to add the fluid to the transmission.
Let me know if you have any questions. Please be sure to rate my service when you are done.
Marty