Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

Where can I find an antenna for my 1992 Mercedes 300E and can

Where can I find an antenna for my 1992 Mercedes 300E and can I install it myself?
Hi, my name isXXXXX you trying to replace just the antenna mast or are you replacing the entire power antenna motor assembly.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The outside part was broken in a car wash, it seems to still have power.

Ok, so you probably need to replace only the mast. Is the mast completely broken off or is the white nylon toothed cable still in the antenna?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I still see the white part inside of the broken metal. The antenna is just hanging on right now because of the white cable.

Ok, as long as the cable is still in one piece you are good. Click here for a source for the replacement mast. When replacing the mast you need 2 people. One must turn the radio on while the other pulls up on the broken mast to extract the nylon cable. First you must remove the small nut at the top of the antenna. Pay attention to the direction that the teeth of the cable are pointing before you remove the mast. The teeth of the new mast will need to be pointing in the same direction when you insert it into the antenna. With the radio still on push the nylon cable all the way into the antenna until it stops then have your helper turn the radio off and continue to feed the cable into the antenna. The cable should catch and be drawn into the antenna along with the mast. Once you get the antenna into the motor just reinstall the top nut. Let me know if you have any questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX also a black rubber gasket at the base of the antenna that is breaking off. Does that piece come with the mast or can I get it separately?

Hi, the rubber gasket is a separate piece. There are actually two seals. Click here for the inner seal. Click here for the outer seal.