Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

ML 55: The Right Turn Signals on my 2001 ML 55 arent working.

The Right Turn Signals on my 2001 ML 55 aren't working. The Right Hazards aren't working either. The Left Turn Signals and Hazards work fine.
Any Suggestions?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

eurotec : Hi, my name isXXXXX #25 in the main fuse box under the hood powers the right side turn signals. I would check the fuse and see if it is blown.
eurotec : Let me know what you find or if you need more help with this.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael, it looks like my answer did not go through in chat mode. I've reposted it below.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. The fuse is fine. When I try to turn on the right turn signal, there is a fast clicking noise under the hood.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fuse is good.
There is a fast clicking noise under the right signal relay switch.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael, are you sure that you don't just have two bad bulbs? Does the arrow in the instrument cluster work when you put the right turn signal on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. The right arrow on the instrument panel does not come on. When I put the hazards on, just the left lights on the instrument panel come on. There is fast clicking under the right turn signal lamp relay (K7). If I remove K7 the clicking stops.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Ok, try swapping K7 with K4 and see if the right signals work and the left don't.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I swapped them and now the right works and the left doesn't.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.
Ok, then you need to replace the K7 relay which you now have installed in position K4.
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience: Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.