Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

350 formatic: What is a D check on a Mercedes 350 formatic

What is a D check on a Mercedes 350 formatic 2008? The light is on as well a the eire pressure light even having put in in all the tires?
Appreciate a response thanks

eurotec : Hi, my name isXXXXX letters A, B, C, D and so on do not stand for any particular services they are only an indication of the estimated amount of time required to complete the service. In order to see what the service system is calling for the services will need to be pulled up on the Mercedes Star Diagnosis tester or via the instrument cluster in the vehicle. I suspect that at 5 years and only 33,000 miles that the service system is recommending maintenance based on elapsed time rather than the mileage. At 5 years Mercedes recommends new spark plugs regardless of the miles. I usually postpone the spark plug service until 60,000 miles on the low mileage vehicles. Aside from the spark plugs a brake fluid flush is most likely due for this service. In regards XXXXX XXXXX tire pressure warning you most likely have a faulty tire pressure sensor in one of the wheels. The technician will need to connect the car to the Mercedes tester to identify the failing sensor.
eurotec : Please let me know if you have any questions.
Hi Jean, it looks like my answer may not have gone through in chat mode. I've reposted it below.

eurotec : Hi, my name isXXXXX letters A, B, C, D and so on do not stand for any particular services they are only an indication of the estimated amount of time required to complete the service. In order to see what the service system is calling for the services will need to be pulled up on the Mercedes Star Diagnosis tester or via the instrument cluster in the vehicle. I suspect that at 5 years and only 33,000 miles that the service system is recommending maintenance based on elapsed time rather than the mileage. At 5 years Mercedes recommends new spark plugs regardless of the miles. I usually postpone the spark plug service until 60,000 miles on the low mileage vehicles. Aside from the spark plugs a brake fluid flush is most likely due for this service. In regards to your tire pressure warning you most likely have a faulty tire pressure sensor in one of the wheels. The technician will need to connect the car to the Mercedes tester to identify the failing sensor.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank You Marty,

Sorry for the delay your answer went into the junk mail file. I will bring your analysis to my local Mercedes certified mechanic and let him put it up on the diagnostic machine.

Thank You So Much

Jean Connor

You're quite welcome Jean :-)