Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

s500: can i replace the front pads and rotors without changing

can i replace the front pads and rotors without changing any senors

eurotec : Hi, my name isXXXXX can replace the pads and rotors and reuse the old brake pad wear sensors as long as the low brake pad warning light is not on and as long as none of the sensors have been cut into by the brake rotor. You need to inspect the part of the sensor that inserts into the brake pad and make sure that there is no sign of rubbing.
eurotec : Please let me know if you have any questions.
Customer: ok thanks, XXXXX XXXXX changed these parts on domestic cars before but never on foreign autos. is there much difference?
eurotec : Not it is very similar to a domestic car, nothing special. Remove a little brake fluid from the master cylinder before you press back the caliper pistons and be sure to pump the brake pedal a few times when you are done.
eurotec : No it is very similar to a domestic car, nothing special. Remove a little brake fluid from the master cylinder before you press back the caliper pistons and be sure to pump the brake pedal a few times when you are done.
eurotec : Let me know if you need anything else.
Hi Todd, it looks like I may have lost contact with you in chat mode. I've reposted our chat below. Let me know if you need anything else. If you would kindly take a moment to rate my service today I would appreciate it.

<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"Customer: ok thanks, XXXXX XXXXX changed these parts on domestic cars before but never on foreign autos. is there much difference?