Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Mercedes-Benz mercedes: 2001 S430 Mercedes.. the right side

2001 S430 Mercedes.. the right side of the car is not rising to the correct level and makes a hissing sound when it hits a bump in the road. the belt snap off and the other day..changed the belt. but the car is still not rising

eurotec :

Hi, my name isXXXXX hissing noise is caused by a leak in the air suspension strut. You will need to replace the hissing strut to repair this problem. The serpentine belt is not related to the air suspension.

eurotec :

You can purchase new or remanufactured suspension struts from Arnott Industries.

Customer:

will this level out the car?

eurotec :

Yes it will. Your car has air suspension. When the strut leaks air the car will not rise to the correct height.

Customer:

ok Thanks!

eurotec :

You're quite welcome. If you would please take a moment to rate my service today I would appreciate it.