Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hello, I am a 9-5 guy who want to buy his dream car "certified

Hello, I am a 9-5 guy who want to buy his dream car "certified per own" I love the Mercedes GL but was told that the Air suspension gives a lot of problem especially at 50,000 miles plus its very expensive to repair, the ML350 on the other hand gives you two options ( 1) Air or (2) Traditional Spring suspension, I only want to spend $45,000.00 on a 2010 GL or a 2011 -2012 ML350, i am leaning towards the ML350 gas or Diesel because of the Spring suspension...can you advise me on this decision. I normally buys a car every 12 years.
Hi,my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your question.
Definitely go with the ML350 and hoe with the non air suspension. The sir suspension on all Mercedes models eventually have tons of issues and can cost you a fortune to repair. I am also a warranty inspector for extended warranty companies and have to inspect the air suspension on Mercedes weekly. The ML350 is also the more durable vehicle in the long run and will be the better vehicle for the money and the time in which you want to keep it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Mike, is there other problems that I should be aware of when investing in such high end vehicle in-terms of price, your opinion on
ML 350 Gas or Bluetec
These are good vehicles that hold up well ,however I would go with the diesel as the fuel economy is better and the engines seem to have more power than the gas version.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
....is there any other problem that I should be aware of before diving in, since I will be keeping this vehicle over 100000 miles, reliability and low maintenance is key, what would you recommend ?
There is not anything that is prone to fail on these vehicles and nothing that you have to worry about,just keep up with the regular scheduled maintenance which the dealer can provide a free print out of all scheduled maintenance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
One more question Rear wheel Or All Wheel

Thanks again for your help
I would go with the rear wheel drive as to me it drives smoother than the all wheel.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Mike, I intend to purchase a certified per owned 2011 ML350 with approximately 36,000 miles, what are some of the pit falls that I may not be aware of when negotiating a Warranty from Mercedes dealer, is it true that the warranty varies with each dealer? Any idea what $ to expect, I want to keep the car beyond 100,000 miles.