Hipo64
Hipo64, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Work and diagnose electronics on daily basis.
41577536

I have a Mercedes benz is : S550 model year 2008 w 221 engine

Customer Question

I have a Mercedes benz is : S550 model year 2008 w 221 engine 273 . It is damaged ECM , I need to buy a ecm second hand , but I dont know how to installed in my car . I have ask at dealer , but they say is to be replacedthe new ECM, The new is price too high, please help me this problem
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Michael Warfield replied 1 year ago.

Michael Warfield : I know of a company that might be able to unlock a used Engine computer. This will be much cheaper than buying a new unlocked engine computer.
Michael Warfield : Give me some time to get all the correct information together and check back here later this evening.
Michael Warfield : Also, your engine computer is under warranty for 8 years or 80,000 miles from the factory, does your vehicle have more miles than this?
JACUSTOMER-7c8jktqj- :

I tester ecu , It is damaged

JACUSTOMER-7c8jktqj- :

My car use in Viet nam

Michael Warfield : Ok then it won't be covered under warranty since those are only U.S. model cars. I'll post the information later.
JACUSTOMER-7c8jktqj- :

Hi

JACUSTOMER-7c8jktqj- :

Please for many info this problem .

Michael Warfield : I'll have the information in a little bit.
Michael Warfield : I'm just away from my computer right now.
Michael Warfield :

I contacted Beckmann technologies which unlocks a lot of engine computers but they are unable to unlock used 2007 and newer engine computers. The newer engine computers must be purchased "new" from the dealership.

Customer :

It has can instead chip data key to be or not, you can be known Chip data of the key in where location , please see for me , thanks

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I continued to wait, you can view chip data key ECM mercedes S550, 2007.Photos are very good, thank you

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with your question! What you need to do is:- find first used ECM -Find one with same numbers like yours(numbers from the label on ECM) then you need someone who is good with electronics hardware. you will need to remove the flash memory and security chip from your original computer and transfer it to the new one. But before you do that, make sure that components from original computer are not damaged. I do not know what type of damage you have in your computer. if there is no physical damage to components, it will work. you can reply to me if you have any questions. Regards Pavlin!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your info , I also think like you, I need to replace the chip KEY DATA AND PROGRAM MEMORY NEW from the old ECU to the ECU.BUT I DO NOT KNOW THE LOCATION OF THIS chips, I WILL POST PICTURES OF ECU, you can find it for me.I was diagnosed on VEHICLE: (MERCEDES DAS, NOT FOUND ECU (!) Signals CAN be short-circuited)

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=7dc0637d9f&view=att&th=13daef695ad329bd&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=7dc0637d9f&view=att&th=13daef79ebdff568&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw

plaese help me , thank you

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am not able to see pictures. You will need to upload it here. Use the paper clip

sign on the menu to the right of the smiley face to upload pictures here.

If you have no communication with ECU, it does not mean bad ECU all the time.

must check power supply and communication wires as well first. You can plug your computer to another car if you have. Just to see if you will establish communication with it on another vehicle.

However post pictures here, and I will point you which chips you need to move.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

picture ecu nercedes s550ecu

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I ha ve problem a Toyota tacoma modem year 2003 with engine v6 3,4 l , ít be code : p 1126 magnetic clutch circuit malfunction , I have test wiring , fuse and ecu , the
Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, it took me 20 minutes to prepare my answer and system wiped out because you replied before me. just stand by I am doing it one more time.
Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.

This computer has 2 flash memories, one below processors and one in processor I have marked with arrow. You need to use Jtag device like FGT Galletto to read computer and program to the new one. I have marked the place where you will connect.

it is to the right of the flash. You can also try first to move only small memory which is on the other side of the board. If it is not good, the you must copy computer. I am sending you a Link where you can buy programmer.http://www.ecutool.com/FGTech-Galletto-2-Master-BDM-TriCore-OBD-with-BDM-Adapters_10038.html

graphicgraphic

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.

For the Toyota question we have to open new ticket as it is separate question from this one, thanks.! You can request me or another tech!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HiCustomerbr/> I have relapce eeprom 95080 of old ecu to new ecu , but ecm do not start , I continue relapce flash memory M58bw016... as time DAS do no find engine ecu (!) .I think is the flash memory dammaged .How to reflash memory my engine ecu , please hepl me this problem , thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi webmaster
I have relapce eeprom 95080 of old ecu to new ecu , but ecm do not start , I continue relapce flash memory M58bw016... as time DAS do no find engine ecu (!) .I think is the flash memory dammaged .How to reflash memory my engine ecu , please hepl me this problem , thank you

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.
Do you have communication with new ECU?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes , When I relapce eeprom 95080 , ecu do not start , when continue relapce flash memory , DAS do not find ecu

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.

If DAS does not See both ECU then problem is not in the Computer. Flash you cannot

reprogram, you can only copy original and replace file in new ECU- Always keep original file saved in your PC. you must check communication wires to Engine computer.

do you have a oscilloscope?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Das only do not find ecu origin in my car

I have buy an ecu on Ebay and Replace eeprom 95080 , Das have find ecu but ecu do not start , I need know , how to virginse ecu , then I will dump new program to ecu throgh internet online , please for me know thank you

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, you need to use the tool that I send you a link, or similar programmer. Copy original file and program t new one. Toll will erase and program.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have a XProg - m , is it can conecct with ecu and program this ecu ?

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, No Xprog cannot read it correctly, you will cause lost of file or will corrupt file.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok , what the tool can read this ecu ?

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.
http://www.ecutool.com/FGTech-Galletto-
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

YOU CAN FOR FILE OF THIS ECU , THEN WRITE TO ECU , ENGINE CAN START ?

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.
If you o it properly it works.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I buying a FG Tech Galletto 2 Master , It can renew ( virgini ) for my ecu . Has you use to it ? , for me some infor to it

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.

Yes I have!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Then read and program , is it good work ? i needn't go to dealer ? you have use onner for this software , please find for me

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.

If you do not know how to use Microprocessor read and write and program, then you need to find someone who does, or may damage the files. You have to have Electronic professional to help you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I have read file dump ecu via FG galetto2 , please for new file , thank you

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome, have you programmed to the new computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes , i need program to ecu buy on ebay , you for me file database ecu ME 9.7 . Can you calculatotor file for my car via vin number ?

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.
You cannot change Vin number, just load original file to new computer and the car will start.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok , please for me original file , I will write file to ecu , me email :XXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.
The original file you must copy from the damaged computer you have!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

oh , no , The old ecu has damaged , all data in has been lost , I need a database , then program it via internet online

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried to read old ECU? if you cannot read it then it cannot be done.

you must try. to read old ECU. With Mercedes you cannot use file from another Vehicle.

Hipo64, Mercedes Technician
Experience: Work and diagnose electronics on daily basis.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My think is: I need do virgins for this ecu , then I need to program it into the car by internet online. Can you give me a database file? Please focus on this problem .

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I do not have a file. You need new ECU to copy from.

I will opt out and open the question to all experts, someone may have more info for you.

Best of luck, Pavlin!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok, I have read ecu me 9.7 , in ecu have 3 pc need renew :

1 , eeprom

2 , Micro flash

3 , Flash

Please you find 3 new file to renew this ecu ,thank you

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the good rating, I will try, cannot promise you though. But Fg Galleto will read all them at once. it reads all ic's that are connected. it finds it. so if you read old ecu then just program new one with this file and car should start.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

As web site ''www.downloadprovide.me'' . Find virgin ecu mercedes ME9.7 ,But I do not have account , please you access to this web site and download for me , thank you

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.
I do not have an account as well, but I looked at it and I do not see anything interesting there try http://auto-professionals.co.uk/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You find for me a file , as auto-professinals my account has been looked ,

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.
I will try, but I cannot promise you that I can find one. do you mean that you account has been locked?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

YOU CAN FIND ''mb ecu renew software 3.0'' . This software can renew ecu me 9.7 . as time all my account are looked , please find for me

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.
I do not have an account with them, but I will look into it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can you find original file dump ecu me 9.7 , I in Viet nam very difficult find this file , please for me

Expert:  Walt-mod replied 1 year ago.

I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok. I continue to wait for answer , you please search a new professional to this problem , thank you

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.
I have located that file for you, will send it later today.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok , Thank you , I vey need it .

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.
I could not get it tonight, The person that has the file was not available. But will get it tomorrow. The main thing is that He has the file.

Pavlin.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please for 2 file original of ecu me 9.7 , engine 273 and 272 , thank you

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.

click in the blue link to see is L I n K

this is what is available. This is just a tool to flash the computer I thought they have a file. But they do not. Will check one last place and Get back to you when have more info.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have this software , i has try , but do not renew ecu . I search '' abrites softwear'' can renew me9.7.you pllease search for you

Expert:  Hipo64 replied 1 year ago.
I will keep searching.