Michael Warfield
Michael Warfield, Factory Mercedes-Benz Technician
Experience:  Mercedes-Benz Master Certified technician
37243545

SL500: Hi, I own a workshop. Have a customers car here, WDB2304752F114136

Hi, I own a workshop. Have a customers car here, WDB2304752F114136 SL500, Just washed the car and now have several faults. The warning lights come on saying visit workshop the vario hard top roof requires multiple actuations of the roof bottom to fully retract and extend, the exterior lights flash on and off intermittently, the ABC raises and lowers the vehicle intermittently. I have disconnected the battery and erased the stored fault codes codes but am left with a few including the can bus.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Michael Warfield replied 1 year ago.

Michael Warfield :

These faults didn't happen before the wash, correct?

Customer: Correct, it came for the rear pse and trunk lock
Customer: Hello
Michael Warfield :

Ok, did you find any moisture in the trunk?

Michael Warfield :

When you replaced the PSE?

Michael Warfield :

Any signs of corrosion on the PSE connector?

Michael Warfield :

With the lights turning on and off, it seems as if one of the SAM modules got wet

Customer: No moisture, however the pse pump had cracked and the vacuum element in the trunk lock was leaking. Both were replaced with new and are now functioning perfectly.
Michael Warfield :

Ok, did you check the front fuse boxes under the hood

Michael Warfield :

The left and right front sam modules reside under the fuse box covers along each fender near the firewall.

Customer: No corrosion or dampness, however some dampness under the passenger side carpet. Checked the can bid lines for damage and found none. Modified the drain pipe on the passenger side wheel arch as well.
Michael Warfield :

So water got in on the passenger side?

Customer: Yes checked all 3 fuse boxes and found no faults
Michael Warfield :

Water must have contaminated one of sam modules. It is the only thing that controls the lights.

Customer: Yes from the blocked drain pipe but only dampness. Left out on the hot sun and problem still persists
Michael Warfield :

Are all the lights going on and off or just the front or rear?

Customer: All the lights, front and rear
Michael Warfield :

If the carpet got damp that means a substantial amount of water got in

Michael Warfield :

There are control units under the carpet along the floorboards

Michael Warfield :

Doesn't matter if you let it dry out, the damage was done

Customer: Is there any way I could continue this discussion on my laptop.
Michael Warfield :

Yes, just sign back on here with your laptop

Customer: I don't have any username or password XXXXX just typed a question and paid via paypal
Michael Warfield :

I don't know how but I know you can get back into the chat somehow.

Customer:

hi im back

Michael Warfield :

good.

Michael Warfield :

What CAN faults did you have?

Customer:

None that had a code. I did have a fault in the single wire communicaiton

Customer:

however i dont have the mercedes can tool, only star diagnosis, epc, star finder, wis...ect

Michael Warfield :

Ok, there probably are many fault codes related to CAN, but you can't read them all unless you have a Star Diagnostic Machine/SDS

Customer:

ill be back in 5 minutes

Michael Warfield :

I can say with almost 100% certainty that the front sam/fuse and relay module on the driver's side is bad.

Michael Warfield :

The driver's side must have gotten wet too, at least underneath the carpet.

Michael Warfield :

The ABC suspension module is under there and water must have entered through the driver's side fuse box area

Michael Warfield :

The driver's side fuse and relay module also controls all of the lights so that would explain all the lighting issues

Michael Warfield :

I would remove it and disconnect all the electrical connectors, then separate the actual SAM computer from the fuse box and inspect all of those connections for water damage

Michael Warfield :

You may also have to replace the ABC computer located under the driver's side dash but I would first start with the SAM module.

Customer:

There is no water or dampness under the drivers side carpet

Michael Warfield :

Are you right or left hand drive?

Customer:

i have removed the accelerator pedal and under dash trim carpets and seat and there isnt a hint of water.

Customer:

rhd

Michael Warfield :

Ok, so the passenger side sam module side got wet

Customer:

the abs computer is under the drivers side dash rhs and i have unplugged and plugged it back in but still no fix

Michael Warfield :

But the sam module power it up

Customer:

the passenger side module was dry, i have removed it and inspected all terminals

Michael Warfield :

and if it is sending irregular voltage, it will cause the improper level

Customer:

there are no fault codes for the any of the sam modules.

Customer:

is there any otehr way to test the passenger side sam module

Michael Warfield :

Have you checked your battery voltage with the car running?

Customer:

yes, and i have previously replaced both the starter battery and consumer battery 2 months ago.

Customer:

I have also cleaned most of the ground points, W3 included.

Michael Warfield :

I know, I just want to see if the alternator isn't overcharging

Michael Warfield :

I have seen alternators put out 15-17 volts which causes all sorts of other problems.

Michael Warfield :

What type of scanner do you have?

Michael Warfield :

You really need a SDS machine to test the passenger front sam

Michael Warfield :

I know you said you didn't have any fault codes for any of the SAM modules but are you sure your scanner is capable of reading all fault codes?

Michael Warfield :

Surely there has to be some faults stored with the lights going on and off, some sort of communication or can faults

Michael Warfield :

You said you had a fault for the CAN being in single wire mode? Some control unit must be taking down the CAN communication

Michael Warfield :

My best guess is the SAM thats on the side of the water

Michael Warfield :

So the left side, correct?

Customer:

I have the genuine mercedes scanner, we are an independent mercedes workshop

Michael Warfield :

Ok, good

Customer:

Yes the left side.

Michael Warfield :

Can you communicate with the left side ok?

Customer:

Yes

Michael Warfield :

Have you checked any of the CAN blocks on the left side?

Michael Warfield :

They could have gotten wet and started to corrode.

Customer:

I have, both the green and brown multiplugs, no sign of corrosion or dampness.

Customer:

I have also unplugged and plugged back in the central gateway on the rhs

Michael Warfield :

Does your SDS actually make it through a short test or does it freeze up at the right front SAM module?

Customer:

Have you come across this problem before?

Michael Warfield :

Yes, a lot actually

Customer:

It makes it through, no exlamation marks just a tick.

Michael Warfield :

It is common for water to get into those fuse boxes

Michael Warfield :

after a car wash

Michael Warfield :

or a heavy rain

Michael Warfield :

It happens a lot

Customer:

Is it due to the drain on the wheel arch

Michael Warfield :

Right, so water filled up the cowling and spilled into the passenge floor

Customer:

Not that much really. It was clogged but only a bit of dampness under the carpet

Michael Warfield :

What fault codes do you have in the other control units?

Michael Warfield :

Any in the CGW, or Instrument Cluster, or EIS?

Michael Warfield :

If you do a network interrogation test with the CGW/system diagnosis, does everthing come up on the interior and engine CANs?

Michael Warfield :

I know you found no water entry on the right side, but all of your symptoms points towards a faulty driver's fuse and relay module + fuse box assembly.

Michael Warfield :

I would really just replace that if I didn't find any other water damage under the carpets.

Michael Warfield :

I know you said it didn't get wet but it is the only thing that controls the lights, feeds power to the ABC module.

Customer:

Drivers side bing the rhs?

Michael Warfield :

Yes,

Customer:

being*

Michael Warfield :

The bigger one

Michael Warfield :

The smaller one is the passenger side

Michael Warfield :

It doesn't control the lights

Customer:

Is there any control unit adaptations, initial startup or actuations in the rh sam that would remedy this

Michael Warfield :

No, the only thing in there is version coding but that wouldn't have just changed on its own.

Michael Warfield :

I have to sign off now, I can continue this chat tomorrow

Michael Warfield :

If you find anything else, just post it here

Michael Warfield :

and I'll reply back tomorrow

Customer:

Ok, ill talk to you tommorow, what time

Customer:

Ok, ill post any findings here. Cheers

Michael Warfield :

Well I won't be able to do a full on chat tomorrow so just post a question and I'll reply back

Michael Warfield :

I'll be busy at my dealership tomorrow so I won't have that much time to stay in a chat, I'll just check back here every so often.

Customer: If the rear Sam controls the rear lights how can replacing the front Sam remedy this? I doubt both Sam modules malfunctioned after the wash.
Customer:

These are the event memories of the control modules - front sam, passenger sam, rear sam, instrument cluster and also the can bus interrogation log. The event memories would register several times (ie: No. would be up to 6) and then the event memory would read internal error. Also the event memories registered intermittently as both stored and as current and stored. I hope this helps, as i am in desperate need of a plausible remedy.

Customer:

Oh and i have also attached the vario roof control module event memory.

Customer:

Any help would be greatly appreciated and i will re-imburse you for your time and expertise.

Customer:

Hello?

Customer:

Other problems the car has:

Customer:

-rev counter, petrol gauge and all other needles on instrument cluster innactive then bounce back to life intermittently.

Customer:

Have you had a chance to check?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
Answer is incomplete and still has not been resolved despite multiple requests. I understand however that he is at work but i did pay for the highest urgency and difficulty.

Sorry about the wait, I had some unexpected circumstances come up. I noticed no one decided to help you yet so I'll continue to help you work through your problem. I'm just taking a look at the documents now, I'll post some more information in a bit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank You, XXXXX XXXXX awaiting your response. Just for my information however, are where abouts are you located?

Have you tried disconnecting the driver's side dynamic seat control module?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I have, I had to do that to get the seat switches to start working again.

Have you though about leaving the seat module unplugged, clearing the fault codes and then running another quick test to see if the can communication comes back? There is definitely a CAN problem and that is why none of the lights are working. The headlight switch is wired directly to the driver's side front SAM. That SAM then transmits the headlight switch position out over the interior CAN bus so the passenger front and rear SAMs know to turn the lights on. That is how the driver's side SAM can affect all of the lights. Since you have some current communication codes for the driver's front SAM, I would assume you have a problem there. Technically any module on the interior CAN bus can be malfunctioning causing no data to be transmitted on the CAN bus which would also give you the exterior lights flashing but typically you would have many more Current communication faults. The only Current communication faults I see is 1 for the driver's front sam, 1 for the instrument cluster, and 1 for the driver's dynamic seat control unit. I still feel like you have a SAM problem. One more thing, have you just double checked the battery voltage and/or the alternator yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I mentioned when I posted the documents. The event memories all change from stored to current and stored. Secondly why would the convertible roof require multiple actuationz to raise and lower and have the visit workshop message along with the picture of the roof on the instrument cluster? I will try your advice today. By dynamic seat control module drivers side are you reffering to N32/2 right front seat adjustment control module with memory?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If you did mean N32/2 I have disconnected it, performed a quick test and erased fault codes, but am still left with the same list of codes and the same symptoms. Does the front sam control the rear park lights, the vario roof and the ABC module? In Australia the front SAM Module is well over $1000 and I need to be certain this is the fault as opposed to something else on the CAN Bus. Judging by the documents I have given you and keeping in mind most of the event memories switch between "stored" and "current and stored" fault codes is there any vehicle your dealership has had in the past with the same or similar codes?

Yes I mean the module under the seat so nevermind that. The front SAM indirectly controls all of the light yes. The rear sam is what actually actuates the lights but only if it gets a signal over the interior CAN network from the Driver's SAM. Now the Vario roof module is powered up from the Rear SAM but the actual switch on the center console controls it via the Interior CAN. Since you have a interior CAN network problem, any signals sent by the roof switch will be scrambled causing the intermittent operation of it. The ABC module is powered up from the Driver's Front SAM but does get a signal power from the passenger front SAM. Your problem is all related to the interior network being down or on single wire communication. Now I believe your Driver's front SAM is the most likely source for this CAN malfunction. As long as the other CAN blocks you found aren't corroded, then I believe the Driver's front SAM/fuse and relay module are to blame. Make sure you get the whole fuse and relay box with the sam control unit. I have had other Mercedes with CAN faults and it is almost always a module on the interior CAN that is causing the disruption. My usual way of diagnosing the problem is to pull out one connector out of the Interior CAN block to see if the communication codes all go away. You would be pulling out the Brown wire and Brown wire with red tracer connectors. I would pull out each one at a time and see if the problems stop occurring. Once I got the problem to stop happening, I would leave that connector unplugged and then run the CAN interrogation test to see which module is not communicating since it is unplugged. I would then replace that module. All I know is that you definitely have an interior CAN problem and the driver's SAM is the most likely solution. If you don't feel comfortable spending the money, then I would advise you to pull out each interior CAN connector one at a time to see if you can get most of the problems to go away.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank You, XXXXX XXXXX try this and reply back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I have just tried this and my results are as follows.

1 connecter on the passenger side when pulled resulted in the aux fan staying on but the abc and headlights still flashing.

2 more connectors on the passenger side when pulled resulted in the exterior lights staying permanently on even when the headlight switch was off, but the abc still malfunctioning.

1 connecter on the drivers side(RHD) when pulled resulted in the battery light staying on and the headlights staying on but the abc still malfunctioning.

2 connectors on the drivers side when pulled resulted in the exterior lights always on but the abc still malfunctioning.

So in conclusion no plug resulted in the abc being fixed and some resulted in the exterior lights staying on.

What does this mean?

Furthermore, as you said pull out the connectors to see if most of the problems go away, does this mean it will need the drivers side sam plus another control unit?

The theory is, is that one control unit is causing the malfunctions on the CAN bus. So by disconnecting one connector at a time, eventually you will find the control unit that is causing the problem. Since you remove the faulty control unit off of the CAN bus, you are allowing the rest of the CAN to operate normally. Since you removed the faulty control unit from the CAN bus, just about all of the other functions should be restored except the control unit that you unplugged. For example, if you unplugged the ABC module off of the CAN bus and everything else worked except for the ABC, then I would bet the ABC module is faulty and causing all of the problems. If you unplug the ABC connectors and start the car, do the lights work normally?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I disconnect the plug from the abc control module the headlights and roof still malfunction. When I disconnect the plug from the vario roof control module then the headlights and abc malfunction.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I just removed the drivers side SAM and re soldered all the circuts. and then reinstalled and removed all the fault codes and the problem is still the same. I have unplugged individual can plugs with the results mentioned in my previous post. Is there anything else you can think of?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I pulled the trigger and purchased the drivers side Sam module. I installed it and programmed it, suffice to say the problems still exist.

Can you actually post an entire short test with all the fault codes of all the modules?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

will do

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This is the entire 7 page short test performed after the new drivers side sam module was installed and initial start up was performed.

Please reply as soon as possible.

I'm looking at wiring right now. Can you try and unplug the Instrument Cluster and tell me what happens. You could just pull fuse 21 and 22 in the driver's sam but I would feel better if you could unplug the whole cluster.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have unplugged the instrument cluster. The headlights are fully on even withe the switch off and the abc raises and lowers
Have checked to make sure there is power at all the fuses with the engine running?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes front left and front right and rear Sam all fuses checked, as well as the pre fuses in the passenger foot well
Ok, I'm still looking. Your problems are both on the Interior and Engine CAN bus so it could be the central gateway. Only 3 control units are on both buses, the Central Gateway, ignition switch, and the instrument cluster. I'm still trying to narrow it down.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I will await your response, please reply soon.

For some reason I was thinking the central gateway was under the driver's side dash but I'm pretty sure on your model it is under the passenger side dash, mounted against the side by the blower motor. I bet you it got wet. I thought you said you checked all the control units in that vicinity but it must have gotten wet, nothing else makes any sense.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As mentioned in my previous posts I have disconnected the central gateway which on rhd vehicles is located on the side wall in the drivers foot well. I have tried unplugging it again but am left with the same problems. I have disconnected the instrument cluster, abc, headlight switch, cgw, and replaced the front right Sam control module with the problems being the exact same.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The amplifier is located in the passenger footwell
Amplifier is located under cd changer here in the U.S. What is the part # XXXXX that amplifier? Are you sure its not the Central Gateway. I think you are thinking of the Audio Gateway?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

A2308201089

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The epc states that it is the amplifier. The part under the drivers side says central gateway

Ok, then its the same as in the U.S. The CGW is on the passenger side here in the U.S. which is the right side. Yours is still on the right side then. Are you sure the CGW didn't get wet at all? Even a few drips could have damaged it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

By unplugging it and the problems still being there would this not rule out the cgw?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

there was no dampness on the rhs or any water ingress in the drivers side sam or footwell

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello?

I'm here, sorry I have been on the phone with a customer from my dealer. . Unplugging the CGW will cause everything to be a mess but if you unplugged it and the ABC stopped adjusting up and down by itself, you might be on to something since the ABC module doesn't need any information from the interior network. Try it and let me know what happens with the ABC.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, I unplugged it and everything remained the same

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

*unplugged the cgw

can you disconnect each can block so its isolated and measure the resistance between the 2 pins, it should be around 60 or 120 Ohms. If one of these can blocks terminating resistors is bad, it could also cause all these can malfunctions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

which blocks?

The interior and engine CAN blocks at both footwells. Any CAN junction block where all the CAN wires plug into. The Interior ones are Brown wires and the Engine ones are the green wires. I'm looking up all the exact locations right now actually.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So i unplug each plug from the green and brown can blocks one at a time from both the passenger footwell and drivers foot well and measure the resistance of each plug one at a time with the engine running?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is 60 the min and 120 the ma reading or can it fluctuate between these 2 numbers but not below 60 or above 120?

No, it should be +/- 2 ohms within that number. Depending on the block, some are at 60 ohms and some are at 120. If you get something like 10 ohms or 200 ohms, then you know you have a problem. I mean, pull all of the wires out of the block and just measure 1 set of 2 pins to get the resistance of the block.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so i pull out all the wires out of one can block and test only one plug to get the resistance of the entire can block and then put them back and continue onto the second can block and so on. Does it matter what order i put the plugs back in each can block?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

and is this with the engine running?

No, not with the engine running and yes, pull all of the connectors out of the block, and hook up one test lead to one pin, and the other test lead to the other pin of the block. So you will have the two test leads right next to each other in the same plug housing spot of the block.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And does it matter which order I put the plugs back in the same block?
No it doesn't matter, it is a universal block so all of the control units can talk to each other, think of it like a bridge.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I will do this now, I will respond in 30 mins
ok, just let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so I have a few questions.
I have done the can bus plugs on the left hand side.

On the brown plugs the the only resistance reading i can get is 2.36 M ohm
And on the green plugs 52.5 k ohm which varies depending on the plug.
I don't understand these numbers and am using a auto-range dmn multimeter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The green plug on the left one plug was 124.3 ohm and the other plug was 52.5
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have some more findings.

When I disconnect all the brown plugs on the drivers side (rhd) the abc problem is fixed, ie car does not raise and lower itself automatically, and when you press the raise lower button it raises and lowers. The headlights remain on even with the headlight switch in the off position but there is no flashing. What does this mean now?
See if you can put a brown plug on the driver's side in one at a time. Each time you insert a plug, see if you the raise and lower buttons still work on the ABC. Each time you insert a plug, press the raise and lower button for the ABC. When you insert the one that makes it not work properly, pull that plug back out and insert the rest of the brown plugs. Make sure to leave the one out that seemed to cause the problem. Now perform a new quick test and erase all fault codes. Then rerun the quick test and see which fault codes you have and post them on here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have located the plug causing the faults. When I unplug it the lights work normaly and the abc works normally. I have erased the faults and will send you the short test.

ok, thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The offending plug number is XXXXX

Ok, that must be the main can plug that connects the driver's to the passeger side. I need you to plug that connector back in on the driver's side. Then go to the passenger side can block and start doing the same thing until you find one that allows the ABC to start working. One last thing you should check since I still think water caused all this mess. In the trunk, below the convertible top hydraulic pump is the PSE/Central locking pump that is encased in foam. I need you to remove this pump and check the electrical connectors for corrosion.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The ABC works with plug 102 disconnected which is on the drivers side, I have already replaced the PSE Pump and the boot vacuum element so no water ingress there.

Are you asking me to find the corresponding plug in the passenger side can block? would it be numbered 102?

You checked the PSE pump after you washed the car though right? The plug you pulled on the driver's side(102) is connection between the passenger CAN block. I suggest you plug that 102 back in and move to the passenger side. Now start unplugging the connectors on the passenger side one at a time and then reinserting them. While each plug is out, see if the ABC is working normally. See if you can narrow it down to one plug again. I can tell by your short test that the the (102) connector does not go to a specific module but to the passenger junction block.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I'll let u know what happens
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I removed plug 122 from the passenger side brown can multiplug and the abc would not work. Plug 122 when inserted back in allows the abc to work, however it still automatically moves up and down. There also there are several plugs that have 122 inscribed. What does this mean?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Furthermore when i unplug this particular 122 plug the auxiliary engine fan stays on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

In Summary.

For the Brown CAN BUS Multiplugs;

-On the drivers side when I unplug plug 102 Lights Correct, ABC Correct

-On the pass side when i unplug plug 102 Lights Faulty , ABC Correct

when i unplug plug 122 Lights Faulty , ABC Does Not Work

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

On the passenger side - Wire Colours

-Plug 102 - BrownBlack/Brown

-Plug 122 - BrownRed/Brown

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Did you get the messages?

Ok, let me just tell you the 122 plug means that goes to regular control units and 102 means it connects the other CAN bridge, the only way to find out which computer one of those 122 plugs goes to is to do a CAN specified/actual configuration test in the central gateway/system diagnosis module while that particular 122 plug is disconnected from the CAN block. Then you can see which module doesn't have communication.

I need you to start disconnecting plugs from the CAN block by the rear SAM. Disconnect one at a time to see if you can get the ABC and lights to work normally again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I disconnect plug 4.1 with the brown/red and brown wires at the rear san the lights work and the abs works normally
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

In Summary

For the Brown CAN BUS Multiplugs;

Drivers Side

Unplug plug 102 - Lights Correct, ABC Correct

Passenger Side

Unplug plug 102 - Lights Faulty, ABC Correct (BrBlk/Br)

Unplug plug 122 - Lights Faulty, ABC Does Not Work(BrRd/Br)

Rear Sam

Unplug plug 122 - Lights Correct(But Rear Parkers On), ABC Correct(BrBlk/Br)

Unplug Plug 4.1 - Lights Correct, ABC Correct(BrRd/Br)

-Plug 102 - BrownBlack/Brown

-Plug 122 - BrownRed/Brown

Ok, so plug everything back in except the 2 plugs by the rear sam (122 and 4.1.) Perform a quick test and erase all fault codes. Then go into system diagnosis or central gateway and look at the actual values for actual/specified CAN configuration of the Interior CAN and let me know what modules show up "!"

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have included the 'interior CAN checks' with just plug 4.1 unplugged and also the 'interior CAN checks' with both plug 4.1 and 122 unplugged.

Reason is because with plug 4.1 unplugged the lights function correctly and the ABC functions correctly; Whereas when plug 122 is unplugged the the lights work correctly with the exception of the rear parking lights staying on, and the ABC functions correctly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Also keep in mind the passenger seat has been removed so the SRS light has been triggered.

Ok, try plugging all the connectors back in and then unplug the Audio Gateway/Most Master and see what happens. The AGW is the control unit on the right, The black one in the center is the amplifier.graphic

Experience: Mercedes-Benz Master Certified technician
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I disconnected the AGW and the problems seem to have fixed, how did you figure this out based on the results i gave you?

Every computer that is connected to the can network, is connected through those can blocks. With all of those can malfunctions, I figured you had to have at least one computer causing all of these malfunctions on the can network. Typically when one module fails, it sends out erratic data over the can network which causes all of the data from the other control units to be corrupted. I knew if you could just unplug the faulty module out of the can block, then I knew the problems would go away. When we narrowed it down to just one can connector that solves all of the problems, then I knew we must have found the culprit. I then had you run the interrogation/actual/specified value for that can network to see what module was unplugged. When your tests showed that the most master was not on the can bus, I then figured it must be the Audio Gateway because that is the most master. Hopefully all of these problems are resolved and all you'll need to do is replace the Audio gateway. I appreciate you being patient with me and I'm glad that you seem to have found the problem.