Scott
Scott, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  European repair BMW shop foreman 8 years, Only shop in town that repair All Euro's, even Smart's

ML430: Is it possible to cut a duplicate of Key for ML430 and

Is it possible to cut a duplicate of Key for ML430 and how?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Scott replied 1 year ago.

Scott :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will gladly assist you with your vehicle concern.

Scott :

These keys are Laser Cut, and are normally ordered through Mercedes Benz. In the "larger" cities, there are locksmiths that claim to be able to do this; however, if they can cut your key, request "them" to try it before leaving the business.

Customer:

Does it mean I can not obtain a copy even if it is through M/Benz

Scott :

You can obtain a copy through Benz. Like I stated, "These keys are Laser Cut, and are normally ordered through Mercedes Benz." but many people are in a bind on a Sunday, and I was giving you a possible option."

I order my clients keys through Benz, just because it is a guaranteed fit. Benz will order it for you. The last one I got for a client, had to be ordered.

Scott :

Through benz. We have no Locksmiths in our area that are capable of doing the laser cut.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I place the order?
Expert:  Scott replied 1 year ago.
You will need to go to Mercedes and show them proof of ownership if you chose to go to the dealer. The issue here is they need to see proof of ownership. A registration and ID.

A lock smith, usually has the vehicle in their possession. They may take a fax, but it depends on the dealer. I have had keys duplicated; however, the shop I am affiliated with has dome work with MB for many years, and we are bonded and trusted.

JA does not do, nor will allow things like that.
Scott, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: European repair BMW shop foreman 8 years, Only shop in town that repair All Euro's, even Smart's